Los Angeles, CA. The Full Disclosure NetworkT (FDN) presents a six minute Internet Video preview, on demand, 24/7, with former California Secretary of State Bill Jones, founder and chairman of the board of Pacific Ethanol Corporation.
Bill Jones covered the following issues:
What are the reasons for shifting to Ethanol instead of gasoline made from fossil fuels?
- Ban on MTBE the gasoline oxygenate because of ground water pollution
- Federal Government, Bush Administration moving away from dependence on foreign oil
- Ethanol is a renewable fuel, made from corn, more readily available than fossil fuels
- California’s dairy industry uses corn, logistics for distilling ethanol in the state are good
What pressures have generated political support for Ethanol as an alternative fuel?
- Environmental demands to reduce hydrocarbons
- Public outrage at gasoline pump prices
- Infrastructure for process/delivery of Ethanol already in place
- Desire to create more employment and increase tax revenue
Will government maintain support for Bio Fuel incentives?
- Crisis management does cause shift in focus but conditions appear favorable
- The U.S. is currently producing 4.5 billion gallons Ethanol annually
- We need7.5 billion gallons annually and are importing the difference from Brazil
- Growing need for less dependence for foreign oil from Iran, Iraq, Venezuela
- Open market for Ethanol