Los Angeles, CA. The Full Disclosure Network® (FDN) presents a seven minute Internet Video, on demand, 24/7, with former California Assemblyman Bill Jones, the Legislative author of the Three Strikes Law along with law enforcement critics of the law.
Those appearing in the program with Bill Jones are:
- L. A. County Sheriff Leroy Baca
- LAPD Chief William Bratton
- L. A. County District Attorney Steve Cooley
- L. A. Special Assistant District Attorney Anthony Patchett (ret)
According to Bill Jones the Three Strikes Law can be measured by these successes:
- 50 percent drop in crime since 1994 when law was enacted
- Exodus of Parolees to other states
- Billions of dollars saved by deterring crime
- Reduction in projected prison population
- Eliminated plea bargaining
Objections raised by law enforcement critics:
- Supervised Judges could do better without the Three Strikes Law..Chief Wm. Bratton
- Don’t want grandpas going to jail for stealing bread….Sheriff Leroy Baca
- Abuse of Penal Code 422 is coercive …Anthony Patchett
- We don’t prosecute less serious crimes as Third Strike…..D.A. Steve Cooley
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
To pay by personal credit card over the phone call 310-822-4449 between 11 am and 5 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Or please make an online, tax-deductible contribution.
Full Disclosure Network covers in-depth issues mostly ignored by mainstream media.
FDN is an electronic media and television service, tax-exempt under the IRS Code 501(c)(3) a non-profit educational organization program of the American Association of Women, founded in 1984.
T.J. Johnston & Leslie Dutton, Producers
742 Washington Blvd.
Marina del Rey, CA 90292