Los Angeles, CA. L. A. County Sheriff Lee Baca describes the Compton California shoot-out and suspensions involving thirteen Deputy Sheriffs in an exclusive Full Disclosure™ one-hour interview with Emmy award winning host Leslie Dutton videotaped on Thursday, June 9, 2005.
An eight minute video preview containing Baca’s detailed explanation of shooting, reprimands, policy changes and community relations tactics can be can be seen below.
Among the policy changes Baca describes in the Full Disclosure™ preview are:
- Approaching vehicles will now be handled by “Special Weapons Teams” instead of patrol deputies with pistols.
- Changed shooting policy so no more shooting at moving vehicles
- New policy: “don’t rush in to danger”
- Department and Deputies admit the problem
- Stronger community based policing program
- Go door to door to survey neighborhood on how to increase safety.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
To pay by personal credit card over the phone call 310-822-4449 between 11 am and 5 pm, Monday thru Friday.
Or please make an online, tax-deductible contribution.
Full Disclosure Network covers in-depth issues mostly ignored by mainstream media.
FDN is an electronic media and television service, tax-exempt under the IRS Code 501(c)(3) a non-profit educational organization program of the American Association of Women, founded in 1984.
T.J. Johnston & Leslie Dutton, Producers
742 Washington Blvd.
Marina del Rey, CA 90292