Beach Ban On Football And Frisbees #VB111
April 15, 20122 Comments
Los Angeles, CA County Board of Supervisors are caught in an “April Fools” joke on an international level when they approved an sweeping “Beach Ordinance” that bans the use of footballs and frisbee on the beaches. The comprehensive ordinance contains much more than the football-frizbee ban but the details were never openly debated as the public discussion was limited to only a few minutes. When the main stream media reported there would be a $1000 fine for violations of the ordinance, the Supervisors and county bureaucrats back-tracked, demanding the media correct the report. In this 9 minute video veteran newsman Ron Kaye, long time edito of the L A Daily News now blogger, puts it all in perspective. Civic activist Jon Nahhasdescribes the public reaction and fears for loss of liberties while Beaches and Harbors Division Chief Carol Baker defends the county’s rush to change the wording of the ordinance, claiming the whole controversy was caused by an erroneous media report, The report was never retracted, corrected, but merely disappeared from the internet websites and replaced with an “update”.
- Parking Meters are Robbing Citizens in Public Parks #VB91
- Newport Beach: The Real “OC” #456-457
- DA & AG Asked to Investigate Brown Act Violations By Los Angeles County Supervisors in Capitol Hill Meetings
- L A City To Steal Public Tv Trust Funds To Expand Government Channels #VB94
- Saving the Public Access TV Channels in America: Program #572