Gangs, L.A. City Council Politics & Illegal Immigration #536-537
March 13, 2009One Comment
The Full Disclosure Network® presents a seven minute preview video featuring Part 4 and 5 from an on going series on Gangs and how local government deals with the growing threat of violence in the their community.
This Part 4 and 5 of the series features:
- KEVIN JAMES, Former U.S. Prosecutor and Radio Personality
- DARYL GATES, Former Los Angeles Police Chief
- JACK WEISS, Los Angeles City Councilman
- REV. JEFF CARR, L.A. Deputy Mayor and Gang Czar
Here are some the points covered in the six segments of the series:
- L A City Council Public Safety Committee held a hearing to consider a resolution to reform LAPD Police “Special Order 40” because due to concerns it was protecting illegal alien gang members.
- Councilmember Jack Weiss is accused of bias due to the long delay to hold a hearing and the inequity in allotting time to citizens speaking.
- Protesters intimidate the Councilmember Ed Reyes who was expected to support the motion of Councilmember Zine
- Hearing is dubbed a “charade” when the council committee fails to take a vote.
- Fearful of retaliation by gang supporters, two days after the hearing, Council passes resolution praising the gang supporters who testified at the hearing.
The Full Disclosure Network® Gang series continues with the next episodes number 6 and 7 will feature former LAPD Chief who explains the history and intent of enacting SPECIAL ORDER 40 regarding police policy on illegal immigrants