Parents Expose Corrupt School Board #452-453
March 25, 2006One Comment
Los Angeles, CA. – Angry parents and taxpayers in South Orange County are featured in an eleven minute FULL DISCLOSURE™ Internet video, describing unsafe and unsanitary classrooms, gross fiscal mismanagement and school corruption – all of which sparked their unprecedented campaign in 2005 to recall all seven members of the Capistrano Unified School District. This “Free” video is available “On Demand” 24/7 as a public service of theFull Disclosure Network™ and can be accessed from the link in this paragraph.
Featured in the video are three leaders of the CUSD Recall Committee, the grassroots organization that led the campaign to remove all seven CUSD Trustees from office. Tom Russell, official spokesman, Mark Nielsen, campaign research and analysis and Jennifer Beall, campaign organizer, cite many of the unacceptable conditions that led to this “mini-uprising.” The CUSD Recall Committee organized and managed the recall campaign; successfully raising public awareness and collecting more than 177,000 recall petition signatures.
In this preview of the ongoing Full Disclosure Network™ special series, CUSD Recall Committee leaders discuss the many failings of the CUSD Trustees and Superintendent, including:
- Failure to provide adequate classrooms and facilities for the children
- Squandering $52,000,000 on a luxurious administration building for themselves.
- Allocating $130,000,000 to a new high school adjacent to a large, active landfill
- Ignoring the voter referendum that rejected the controversial “Toxic High” project
- Entering into suspicious land deals with developers
- Misusing taxpayer funds and bond proceeds
- Circumventing the democratic process by appointing Trustees before elections.
Citizens from the communities of Aliso Viejo, Coto De Caza, Dana Point, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Las Flores, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano are working together to reform their school district. They have also called upon law enforcement authorities to commence a full and complete investigation into the compelling allegations and evidence of serious crimes, corruption and cover-ups at CUSD.